Corazón del bosque and Lake Atitlán
Corazón del Bosque means "Heart of the forest/woods": a peaceful natural destination with delicate diversity of greens on a fresh environment. Take a walk on the different trails at your reach, forget the noise of the city. Here a diversity of handicrafts are made every week by a local group (Asociación Agropecuaria y Artesanal para el Desarrollo).
Coffee? chocolate? restaurant Utatlán invites visitors to the taste of tortillas with cheese, cream or black beans. A common snack around here are the tortillas with chorizo. Among the varieties there are some signature creations based on mushrooms, or just try your personal selection from the local flavors after a walk in the woods, on a relaxing and wonderful shade of beautiful trees.
After such beautiful greens, it's time for some wonderful blue colors: let your mind navigate on the natural landscape and rich blue of Lake Atitlán. The volcanoes Atitlán, Tolimán and San Pedro guard the blue magic, one of the most visited touristic destinations in Guatemala, considered by many around the world as one of the most beautiful lakes.
Choose your gifts and grab a memory among local handicrafts, discover the creativity of local artist elegantly but humble, manifested in paintings, fabrics, weaving and wooden products all around Panajachel. Many local men and women base their economy on hand made art. Then follow the guided walk around Santander Street and relax at the shore. Enjoy local food with a wonderful lake view and visit the museum at Posada de Don Rodrigo, featuring archaeology and findings at the lake.
- 5:30 Departure from Guatemala City / Antigua Guatemala.
- 6:45 Breakfast at Hacienda de Tecpán, a traditional food restaurant with fresh tortillas and local varieties.
- 7:35 Hand craft market at the lookout "Mirador Atitlán", enjoy the panoramic view and the diversity of local products, ceramic, fabrics, toys and more.
- 8:30 Visit Corazón del Bosque. Take a guided walk and relax at the shade of tall trees.
- 10:45 Snacks and refreshing drinks at the restaurant Utatlán, a nice wooden construction.
- 11:15 Time to get on the road again, we are heading to the heart of Sololá.
- 12:20 We are now in Panajachel, the town by the Lake Atitlán.
- 13:00 Lunch.
- 14:15 Guided walk to the local church of San Francisco.
- 14:35 Continue the guided walk around Santander Street and reach the shore of the Lake. Take your time shopping colorful handcrafts.
- 15:30 Visit the Museum at Posada Don Rodrigo, see the archaeological and historic findings in the region.
- 16:20 Time for a taste of varieties of local coffee with explanations and narratives of their different types and regions.
- 17:20 Back on the road.
- 19:00 Early-quick dinner at Tecpán.
- 20:15 Transfer to your hotel back inGuatemala City / La Antigua Guatemala.
Private ground transport equipped with AC. Bilingual guide (language of your choice). The tour includes the breakfast and entrances to the attractions. All taxes included. This tour is only available on weekdays.
* Terms of service / privacy and policies
Changes and cancellations
- Changes and cancellations with more than 10+ days of anticipation are subject to a US$25 penalty (bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations between 5 and 10 days are subject to 50% penalty (hotel fee + bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations under 5 days (96 hours) are subject to a 100% penalty.
- Refunds are not available for checkouts outside reservation date, or if the traveler doesn't show up at the hotel. The hotel is not authorized to make exceptions. Special rules may apply depending the cancellation reason.
- Cancellations with more than 61 days anticipation during high season (Easter Week, Christmas or New Year) apply for a full refund.
- Contact us directly for changes or cancellations, we'll be happy to assist you.
- Please don't contact the hotel directly for changes, cancellations or refunds. Assistance if part of our services, we're happy to help.
- Our websites offer all the needed information regarding our services.
- Our websites don't allow users/visitors to contact other users/visitors.
- We use the only the strictly necessary data to offer you good service / and contact you.
- We don't share any information of our clients with any business or company.
Confidenciality and security
- Our websites provide the necessary technology so visitors can send us information under secure standards.
- Our team members work under a privacy and confidenciality agreement for the benefit of our clients.
- We don't share any kind of information, except under legal resolutions by legal authorities.