Discover the natural beauty of Chichoy
Leave the city in the early morning for some nice breakfast on a log cabin construction around Tecpán, a place already famous for it's tasty food. Let us suggest interesting options for your enjoyment. Then we move to green colorful destinations.
Reach the Maya Ruins of Iximché, the last Maya city, get familiar with the historic events right at the archaeological site and the narrative of historical events. Then let's continue to Chichoy: where a nature surrounded road gets you far from the remaining bits of cities and towns, enjoy a growing forest, a fresh stream crossing by and curved trails. Kids waving their hands while taking care of their sheep in a place where the fresh and pure air are a constant blessing. The view opens up with magnificent variations of green and blue. There is a local community taking care of the place. Fishing is allowed, enjoy some snacks and prepared areas for your comfort. Hiking around is part of the experience, and let's not forget the meals you can enjoy at Chichoy. Time goes by in a different way: you never get tired of the view, the freshness of the air and the peace.
Have lunch with amazing options of regional food at Chichoy near the main road, try the fresh bread and the creations combining different sweet fruits, also try the traditional meals such as pepián, jocón, mole, caldos and might want to try the natural beverages or even hot chocolate. Then let's head to La Antigua Guatemala, a colorful colonial city -UNESCO World Heritage- preserving the streets and architecture of the traditional Spanish past. Here a guided walk awaits you to discover a variety of historic churches and temples.
Then visit six museums chosen for you to get closer at the best of La Antigua Guatemala history. Pre colonial art, archeology, modern art, paintings, sculptures and more is exhibited in the Paseo de los Museos.
Now let's try some local flavors of deserts and coffee. We're ready to visit hand picked options for your enjoyment such as the Torrejas, Buñuelos, Rellenitos, platanitos con crema, special cakes and sweet breads. The last part of the tour ends the day with relaxing memories and nice flavors at night at La Antigua Guatemala.
- 6:00 The journey begins at your hotel (Guatemala City or La Antigua Guatemala).
- 6:50 Breakfast around Tecpán with fresh and delicious combinations on a nice log cabin.
- 7:30 We head to Iximché, the last Maya City. A guided walk awaits, also discover archaeological pieces at the local museum.
- 11:00 Let's continue to Chichoy, among trees, relaxing views with children and families taking care of their sheep.
- 12:00 Enjoy the view of the blue lagoon surrounded by such deep forest in the mountains. Try some fishing?
- 13:00 Snacks, relax and enjoy nature all around.
- 13:45 Let's head to a local restaurant for lunch and discover exquisite regional food with fresh ingredients, tasty flavors of Guatemala's more representative cuisine.
- 15:00 Let's visit La Antigua Guatemala, six museums wait for you. Then continue a guided walk to discover a historic city with beautiful churches and temples.
- 19:00 Time for some desert. Hand picked options to taste traditional options and the highest quality coffee, along with explanations and history of local food.
- 20:45 Our journey ends with memories of nature, landscape, flavors and history of Guatemala iconic destinations and traditions. Let us bring you back to the peace of your hotel.
Private AC equipped transport, bilingual guide (language of your choice), breakfast, snacks, museums entrance and deserts (for the narrative of local foods at night).
* Terms of service / privacy and policies
Changes and cancellations
- Changes and cancellations with more than 10+ days of anticipation are subject to a US$25 penalty (bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations between 5 and 10 days are subject to 50% penalty (hotel fee + bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations under 5 days (96 hours) are subject to a 100% penalty.
- Refunds are not available for checkouts outside reservation date, or if the traveler doesn't show up at the hotel. The hotel is not authorized to make exceptions. Special rules may apply depending the cancellation reason.
- Cancellations with more than 61 days anticipation during high season (Easter Week, Christmas or New Year) apply for a full refund.
- Contact us directly for changes or cancellations, we'll be happy to assist you.
- Please don't contact the hotel directly for changes, cancellations or refunds. Assistance if part of our services, we're happy to help.
- Our websites offer all the needed information regarding our services.
- Our websites don't allow users/visitors to contact other users/visitors.
- We use the only the strictly necessary data to offer you good service / and contact you.
- We don't share any information of our clients with any business or company.
Confidenciality and security
- Our websites provide the necessary technology so visitors can send us information under secure standards.
- Our team members work under a privacy and confidenciality agreement for the benefit of our clients.
- We don't share any kind of information, except under legal resolutions by legal authorities.