Five days tour around Guatemala
La Antigua Guatemala, UNESCO World Heritage and famous as an amazing colorful travel destination. This colonial city preserves it's original architecture, streets and monuments. Take a guided walk among numerous historic churches with rich and beautiful styles, sacred imagery and ambient-everywhere-filled with culture and art. Discover secrets and history well kept inside hand five picked museums, and enjoy the local traditional flavors of Guatemala cuisine.
Now let's enjoy a rich set of blue and green at Lake Atitlán, called one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Placed on a volcanic region and surrounded by tree giants: Toliman, Atitlán and San Pedro, times goes by at different speeds setting the mood for enjoying the surroundings and curious walks among streets decorated with diverse handcrafts.
Let's head east to Acasaguastlán where a notorious, beautiful and iconic colonial architecture awaits: San Cristóbal Acasaguastlán church. Enjoy the plaza and history of the place. Stone streets just like La Antigua Guatemala. This region also has several delicious representatives of Guatemala cuisine with local flavor. Have a nice lunch exploring traditional meals.
Continue your trip reaching Izabal, a water surrounded destination having the Río Dulce (Sweet River) as a destination itself, the longest bridge of Guatemala, visit Castillo de San Felipe (San Felipe Castle), the guard against piracy preserving historic cannons.
Now let's get on a nice deluxe bus for an overnight trip to Tikal, the ancient Maya City where the temples are visible over the trees. Here you will travel to the past discovering secrets of battles among admirable architecture on a National Park that preserves wildlife. Watch the spider monkeys, walk on the Great Acrópolis, the Main Plaza and get familiar with the city secrets during the guided walk. After visiting such magical destination, discover a museum with human sculptures unique in their kind, similar to the ones found at Yucatán (Ek Balám).
Day 1 - Lake Atitlán
- 6:00 Leaving to visit Lake Atitlán were a deep but kind blue waits for you.
- 6:50 Breakfast on a representative restaurant in Tecpán.
- 7:50 Reach Lake Atitlán. Take a walk to the shore and enjoy the view.
- 8:15 Take a boat and visit one of the colorful towns around Lake Atitlán.
- 10:00 Get familiar with the paintings of the locals artists, take a visit to a colorful market. Have a snack, refresh yourself to continue the adventure.
- 12:00 Heading back to Panajachel.
- 13:00 Lunch.
- 14:20 Enjoy the walk across Calle Santander, filled with colorful handcrafts, fabrics, wooden creations and more.
- 15:00 Visit the Butterfly Sanctuary and San Buenaventura nature reserve.
- 17:00 Try delicious coffee samples at Buenaventura.
- 17:35 See the sunset at the shore, ready for dinner on a comfortable and exquisite restaurant, the Lake view is a must for this moment.
Day 2 - La Antigua Guatemala
- 6:00 The adventure begins traveling to La Antigua Guatemala.
- 7:00 Let's have a healthy tasteful breakfast at one of the most famous restaurants of the city.
- 8:15 Enjoy a guided walk among the most notable churches and colonial architecture.
- 10:45 Try some snacks and sweet candies at one of the most iconic candy stores, then some natural based beverages with fruits of the never ending spring-season.
- 11:00 Continue the guided walk and visit the ruins of San Jerónimo, Santa Clara and Capuchinas.
- 13:30 Time for lunch at Posada de Don Rodrigo having the best of Guatemala flavors and meals while live marimba sets the mood for a exhibition of traditional clothing and dancing.
- 15:00 Visit the historic ruins and preserved areas of Casa Santo Domingo, church and convent.
- 15:45 Discover the well kept secrets of the "Paseo de los Museos" inside Santo Domingo. Six different museum areas with art, history, color, paintings, precolonial items and more.
- 18:00 Get familiar with the iconic Arc of Santa Catalina, then the church of La Merced.
- 19:30 The right time for dinner at Fonda de la Calle Real, where local traditional meals await you.
- 20:45 Finish dinner with a hand picked deserts and sweet meals along with their historic explanations.
- 21:25 Time to rest and wait for the next day adventure.
Day 3 - San Agustín Acasaguastlán
- 5:30 We are leaving La Antigua Guatemala to enjoy breakfast on a famous and traditional restaurant at the heart of zone 1 Historic Center in Guatemala City.
- 7:25 Leave Guatemala City heading to the east, we'll have some snacks and refreshing drinks on a colorful stop country like, Paseo del Rancho, then we continue to San Cristóbal Acasaguastlán.
- 8:30 Discover the colonial church of San Cristóbal Acasaguastlán, unique in it's kind preserving sacred imagery.
- 10:50 We are back on the road heading to Teculután and Río Hondo.
- 12:30 Lunch at Teculután.
- 13:40 We're back on the road heading to Izabal.
- 15:00 Enjoy the view of Río Dulce (Sweet River) and discover the Castillo San Felipe.
- 17:30 Join the guided walk or get ready to watch the sunset from the Bridge Río Dulce.
- 18:45 Take a relaxing break and we are getting ready for dinner.
Day 4 - Heading to Tikal
- 3:00 We are leaving early in the morning on a relaxing trip to Petén heading to Tikal along with snacks on the road.
- 8:00 Quick breakfast, and get ready, you are at the doors of Guatemala ancient past, Mayan temples in the jungle, discover the magic of Parque Nacional Tikal.
- 10:30 Enjoy the snacks and refreshing drinks.
- 13:00 Quick lunch, inside Tikal.
- 14:00 Continue discovering the magic of the Mayan Kingdom.
- 16:30 We are leaving Tikal and having some fresh drinks at El Remate.
- 17:30 Visit the Island of Flores, the heart of Petén.
- 20:00 Dinner.
Day 5 - Lake Petén Itzá and Dolores
- 6:00 Enjoy breakfast with a nice view of the Lake Petén Itzá.
- 7:00 We are back to the road.
- 10:00 Quick stop at the Museum of the South East "Museo Regional del Sureste de Petén Dr. Juan Pedro Laporte Molina". Discover beautiful human sculptures, a rarity unique in their kind in the whole region.
- 12:30 Lunch near Poptún.
- 13:45 Moving to Izabal.
- 19:30 Enjoy the pool at Paseo del Rancho, let's have some nice dinner.
- 22:30 We are at the doors of Guatemala City.
Private transportation, equipped with AC. All breakfast included, bilingual guide, entrances to every site and all taxes included. Does not include Hotels.
* Terms of service / privacy and policies
Changes and cancellations
- Changes and cancellations with more than 10+ days of anticipation are subject to a US$25 penalty (bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations between 5 and 10 days are subject to 50% penalty (hotel fee + bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations under 5 days (96 hours) are subject to a 100% penalty.
- Refunds are not available for checkouts outside reservation date, or if the traveler doesn't show up at the hotel. The hotel is not authorized to make exceptions. Special rules may apply depending the cancellation reason.
- Cancellations with more than 61 days anticipation during high season (Easter Week, Christmas or New Year) apply for a full refund.
- Contact us directly for changes or cancellations, we'll be happy to assist you.
- Please don't contact the hotel directly for changes, cancellations or refunds. Assistance if part of our services, we're happy to help.
- Our websites offer all the needed information regarding our services.
- Our websites don't allow users/visitors to contact other users/visitors.
- We use the only the strictly necessary data to offer you good service / and contact you.
- We don't share any information of our clients with any business or company.
Confidenciality and security
- Our websites provide the necessary technology so visitors can send us information under secure standards.
- Our team members work under a privacy and confidenciality agreement for the benefit of our clients.
- We don't share any kind of information, except under legal resolutions by legal authorities.