Lake Izabal connects to the Atlantic Ocean via Río Dulce. We'll cross the river on the largest bridge in Guatemala to enjoy a wonderful panoramic view. The local gastronomy has a distinctive signatures, among them the sea food and influences of the Garífuna. Enjoy fresh fish, big shrimps and a wonderful combination called tapado.
We'll visit the home of the tallest Maya stelae in the whole known Maya world, where huge several tons anthropomorphic and zoomorphic monuments are preserved, this is the archaeologic site of Quiriguá, an ancient kingdom with direct historic connection to Copán ruins. Take a guided tour by the main plaza, football court and discover this amazing sacred site once hidden among banana plantations.
Discover the historic Castillo de San Felipe, an important castle built by the Spanish militia to protect the region from the constant pirate attacks and black market. Here the old cannons are still in place as mute witnesses of a once not so peaceful past. Today, it's all color, tourism and fun. View the know touristic surroundings from the defensive positions of the towers.
The hot waterfallDiscover this nature delight: a steamy hot waterfall changing the temperature of the river. Here you can enjoy from cold to hot in different spots, it's located in Finca El Paraíso.
After enjoying the wonderful region of Izabal you will discover the beautiful colonial church of San Cristóbal Acasaguastlán, a wonderful iconic work of art, rich in history, preserving the fully decorated facade and sacred imagery.
At the end of the day enjoy regional flavors of Guatemala cuisine in a country like decorated elegant restaurant.
- 5:00 Travel from Guatemala City/La Antigua Guatemala to El Rancho.
- 6:30 Breakfast at Paseo del Rancho, a well decorated and relaxing restaurant with amazing food.
- 8:00 Visit to San Cristóbal Acasaguastlán historic church.
- 9:45 Welcome to Quiriguá, a world known Maya, site home of the tallest Maya stelae and several amazing monuments.
- 11:20 Back on the road with fresh drinks and snacks.
- 12:00 Let's cross the Izabal Bridge over Río Dulce, enjoy the panoramic view.
- 12:15 Lunch.
- 13:20 Visit Castillo de San Felipe, a historic castle protecting the region from pirates.
- 14:15 Now we are heading to the wonderful waterfall of hot waters at Finca El Paraíso.
- 16:00 Back on the road.
- 18:45 Relaxing time at Paseo del Rancho. You might want to try the pool.
- 19:30 Dinner, enjoy regional flavors.
- 20:40 Back to Guatemala City.
Private AC equipped transport, bilingual guide (language of your choice), breakfast, snacks, entrance to San Felipe Castle, Quiriguá and Finca El Paraíso. All taxes included.
* Terms of service / privacy and policies
Changes and cancellations
- Changes and cancellations with more than 10+ days of anticipation are subject to a US$25 penalty (bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations between 5 and 10 days are subject to 50% penalty (hotel fee + bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations under 5 days (96 hours) are subject to a 100% penalty.
- Refunds are not available for checkouts outside reservation date, or if the traveler doesn't show up at the hotel. The hotel is not authorized to make exceptions. Special rules may apply depending the cancellation reason.
- Cancellations with more than 61 days anticipation during high season (Easter Week, Christmas or New Year) apply for a full refund.
- Contact us directly for changes or cancellations, we'll be happy to assist you.
- Please don't contact the hotel directly for changes, cancellations or refunds. Assistance if part of our services, we're happy to help.
- Our websites offer all the needed information regarding our services.
- Our websites don't allow users/visitors to contact other users/visitors.
- We use the only the strictly necessary data to offer you good service / and contact you.
- We don't share any information of our clients with any business or company.
Confidenciality and security
- Our websites provide the necessary technology so visitors can send us information under secure standards.
- Our team members work under a privacy and confidenciality agreement for the benefit of our clients.
- We don't share any kind of information, except under legal resolutions by legal authorities.