Tikal one day tour
The most famous attraction in the Petén is Tikal, a beautiful Maya city set in the lush tropical forest of Tikal National Park covering 550 square kilometers. Toucans, monkeys, coatis, Ocellated Turkeys and many other tropical animals are commonly seen by visitors to the park. Temple 4, the tallest structure in the Maya world, towers 65 meters above the plazas of Tikal, and can be seen above the forest canopy from far away.
More than 3,000 structures have been discovered in the 16 square kilometers of Tikal’s center, including temples, palaces, ball courts and even a sauna. Human settlement at Tikal dates from at least 600 BC, but its golden age occurred during the six hundred years of the Classic period, from 300 to 900 AD. The heart of the city was the Great Plaza, where Temple 1 (the “Temple of the Giant Jaguar”), Temple 2 and numerous stelae are found.
Admire the tropical jungle and the magnificent horizon: reach the top of Temple 4 built in 741 AD, where the views are spectacular, and to the top of the Great Pyramid of the Lost World, built around 600 AD. As visitors walk along Tikal’s forested trails, studying the city’s many beautiful stelae, altars and hieroglyphic inscriptions, they will have ample opportunity to speculate about the amazing civilization that inhabited the city, and possible reasons for its mysterious demise.
- 6:30 Short flight to the North of Guatemala to arrive at Mundo Maya Airport.
- 7:30 Arrival at Mundo Maya Airport, meet with our staff and guide, then be transferred to Tikal. If you are already in Petén we'll pick you up at your hotel.
- 7:40 Accompanied by a knowledgeable authorized guide you will be exploring the amazing archaeological site of Tikal where tower-temples rise above the jungle canopy where monkeys and tropical birds are abundant in the surrounding forest.
- 13:00 Enjoy lunch at the Park between 13:00 to 14:00, Later in the afternoon return to Flores, where you will have free time on the island, later transfer to the airport in time for your flight back to Guatemala City.
Round Trip Airfare (Guatemala City - Mundo Maya)
All Transfers in Peten. Authorized guide (English - Spanish, other languages available on request). Entrances. Lunch per person. Tourism taxes.
This tour is available Every day of the year.
Tip of guide and driver
Beverage at lunch
Other personal expenses
* Terms of service / privacy and policies
Changes and cancellations
- Changes and cancellations with more than 10+ days of anticipation are subject to a US$25 penalty (bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations between 5 and 10 days are subject to 50% penalty (hotel fee + bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations under 5 days (96 hours) are subject to a 100% penalty.
- Refunds are not available for checkouts outside reservation date, or if the traveler doesn't show up at the hotel. The hotel is not authorized to make exceptions. Special rules may apply depending the cancellation reason.
- Cancellations with more than 61 days anticipation during high season (Easter Week, Christmas or New Year) apply for a full refund.
- Contact us directly for changes or cancellations, we'll be happy to assist you.
- Please don't contact the hotel directly for changes, cancellations or refunds. Assistance if part of our services, we're happy to help.
- Our websites offer all the needed information regarding our services.
- Our websites don't allow users/visitors to contact other users/visitors.
- We use the only the strictly necessary data to offer you good service / and contact you.
- We don't share any information of our clients with any business or company.
Confidenciality and security
- Our websites provide the necessary technology so visitors can send us information under secure standards.
- Our team members work under a privacy and confidenciality agreement for the benefit of our clients.
- We don't share any kind of information, except under legal resolutions by legal authorities.