Fly to Tikal and the ancient mayan temples
Located in the very heart of the Peten jungle, Tikal is more than an archaeological site, it's a National Park that preserves wildlife and sacred sites of an ancient civilization. Once one of the most powerful and largest cities of the Classic Period, impressive structures such as Temple I and Temple II remain part of such treasure.
Walk in the jungle among tallest buildings of the Maya civilization. Enjoy the melodies of a variety of birds, watch the spider monkeys and the local wildlife crossing the paths. Discover the many monuments and administrative buildings, but mostly breath the atmosphere at the Gran Acrópolis, the once center of power in Tikal.
Tikal is one of many archaeological sites in Guatemala, but it's beauty and political importance mean an experience that exceeds other Maya. It is big, so big you will amaze yourself at the entrance: a path entering a protected area were depending of the hour you can also watch interesting wildlife. This region has been the topic of documentaries, video clips and also movies.
Spend the day discovering the city, worth it? absolutely! our tour takes care of making enough time for your enjoyment with an early flight from La Aurora International Airport to Mundo Maya International Airport in Petén. A guide and transport awaits to bring you to the Maya treasures of Tikal.
The visual experience is enriched by the guided walk along with history and facts, introduction to the local fauna and flora, important stories of the Gran Jaguar at the Great Plaza, the Lost World and a panoramic view from the top of Temple IV. The tour takes up most of your day so believe me it is absolutely worth your time. There will be a short brake for lunch in Tikal Park.
- 5:15 Transfer from your hotel to La Aurora International Airport.
- 6:00 Fly to Mundo Maya International Airport.
- 7:00 Guided and private transport to National Park Tikal.
- 7:30 Breakfast.
- 8:25 Guided walk to the heart of Tikal.
- 9:49 Visit the Main Great Plaza, Temple I, Temple II and Lost World. Learn about the battles and alliances, the great enemy Calakmul and the history of the great Ah Cacao.
- 11:00 Wildlife narrative.
- 11:30 Panoramic view from one of the tallest temples at Tikal.
- 12:30 Lunch inside the National Park.
- 13:30 Continue the guided walk, visit the local museum.
- 15:00 We are back on the road.
- 15:35 Enjoy snacks and refreshing drinks at El Remate with the view of Lake Petén Itzá.
- 16:00 Visit the Jade Museum at El Remate.
- 17:00 Visit the island of Flores.
- 18:30 Fly back to Guatemala City.
- 19:30 Transfer to your hotel at Guatemala City or Antigua Guatemala.
Round-trip flight from Guatemala to Flores and back. Ground transportation in Petén, from airport to Tikal and back. English guided tour. Lunch in the park. All the entrances and taxes. Especial prices aplies for groups of more than four travelers.
* Terms of service / privacy and policies
Changes and cancellations
- Changes and cancellations with more than 10+ days of anticipation are subject to a US$25 penalty (bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations between 5 and 10 days are subject to 50% penalty (hotel fee + bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations under 5 days (96 hours) are subject to a 100% penalty.
- Refunds are not available for checkouts outside reservation date, or if the traveler doesn't show up at the hotel. The hotel is not authorized to make exceptions. Special rules may apply depending the cancellation reason.
- Cancellations with more than 61 days anticipation during high season (Easter Week, Christmas or New Year) apply for a full refund.
- Contact us directly for changes or cancellations, we'll be happy to assist you.
- Please don't contact the hotel directly for changes, cancellations or refunds. Assistance if part of our services, we're happy to help.
- Our websites offer all the needed information regarding our services.
- Our websites don't allow users/visitors to contact other users/visitors.
- We use the only the strictly necessary data to offer you good service / and contact you.
- We don't share any information of our clients with any business or company.
Confidenciality and security
- Our websites provide the necessary technology so visitors can send us information under secure standards.
- Our team members work under a privacy and confidenciality agreement for the benefit of our clients.
- We don't share any kind of information, except under legal resolutions by legal authorities.