Lake Atitlán - Panajachel tour
Begin the day with a nice breakfast and an open view of mountains and valleys. We are now in Sololá, a paradise of nature and color, where the descendants of the Maya Culture welcome you.
The first glimpse of Atitlán beauty welcomes you at the lookout with colorful hand crafts and gifts made by the locals. Continue the journey on a road surrounded by trees, we will cross then, the center of Sololá and head to Panajachel.
Many Cakchiquel and Maya Tzutuhil women make their living out of weaving and beautiful fabrics formed in their hands, each piece is unique and considered by many as a true art expression mixed with ancient culture. Here, most of the locals still use the traditional hand made clothes making each local festivity a colorful party of variety.
Reach Panajachel and discover the variety of hand crafts available at Santander Street. From this point the day continues with a visit to the local church of San Francisco, then, enjoy the town, the local fabrics, weaving, wooden products and natural beverages. Try kayaking at the Lake, or hike natural trails at San Buenaventura. Then taste Guatemala flavors at representative restaurants near the show with a great view of the Lake and volcanoes.
- 5:00 Leave Guatemala City.
- 6:15 Breakfast with a panoramic view of the landscape.
- 7:45 Cross the center of Sololá and reach Panajachel town.
- 8:45 Guided walk to the local church of San Francisco, also discover Santander Street and diverse hand crafts.
- 11:00 Visit San Buenaventura natural reserve.
- 13:00 Lunch.
- 15:00 Try kayaking or visit the Lake Museum at Posada de don Rodrigo, showing ancient items of Maya culture and findings at the Lake.
- 16:45 Leave Panajachel, we are now traveling back to Guatemala City.
- 18:30 Quick stop for sweet bread, coffee or fresh drinks at one of Tecpán's representative restaurants.
- 19:00 Transfer back to your hotel at Guatemala City or La Antigua Guatemala.
The tour includes private transport, round trip, AC equipped, breakfast, guided walk, language of your choice. Narratives and history of the place. Snacks, all taxes also included.
* Terms of service / privacy and policies
Changes and cancellations
- Changes and cancellations with more than 10+ days of anticipation are subject to a US$25 penalty (bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations between 5 and 10 days are subject to 50% penalty (hotel fee + bank fee + administrative fee).
- Changes and cancellations under 5 days (96 hours) are subject to a 100% penalty.
- Refunds are not available for checkouts outside reservation date, or if the traveler doesn't show up at the hotel. The hotel is not authorized to make exceptions. Special rules may apply depending the cancellation reason.
- Cancellations with more than 61 days anticipation during high season (Easter Week, Christmas or New Year) apply for a full refund.
- Contact us directly for changes or cancellations, we'll be happy to assist you.
- Please don't contact the hotel directly for changes, cancellations or refunds. Assistance if part of our services, we're happy to help.
- Our websites offer all the needed information regarding our services.
- Our websites don't allow users/visitors to contact other users/visitors.
- We use the only the strictly necessary data to offer you good service / and contact you.
- We don't share any information of our clients with any business or company.
Confidenciality and security
- Our websites provide the necessary technology so visitors can send us information under secure standards.
- Our team members work under a privacy and confidenciality agreement for the benefit of our clients.
- We don't share any kind of information, except under legal resolutions by legal authorities.